Starter websites are basic straightforward sites for people or small businesses with an eye on their budget.
No fancy features, just a great looking site that does the basics well.
Cost: R6800 (until the end of May 2020). Please contact us to get started.
- Four pages (Typically Home, About, Services and Contact)
- Contact form, so you don’t need to publish email addresses.
- Domain registration
- Upto 90 email addresses
- Google Analytics setup, you’ll get a login.
- Basic SEO setup
- Two month’s site maintenance plan
- Logo design and colour scheme. R1500
- Content writing. Enquire for a quote.
- Photography. Enquire for a quote.
- Social Media management. Enquire for a quote.
- Blog page, with guidance on how to run your blog. R1500
- 5 day Weather Forecast on Home or Contact page. R500
- WhatsApp contact link (non-premium). R500
- Social Media display pages, such as an Instagram Feed on your website. This will require a setup fee and an annual subscription. Enquire for a quote.
- Starter Websites are an offering for those with budget in mind. These sites might look a bit generic, may have some restrictions and won’t be as striking as some of our generic sites.
- We’ll build you a demo site. Once complete, we’ll ask for your feedback and allow three rounds of changes.
- We don’t give admin access to the website back-end, so you can’t do your own changes.
- Website change requests can be submitted to us. Most small changes are covered by the maintenance plan, won’t take long and won’t cost extra.
- Hosting is in South Africa through our account with Xneelo (formerly Hetzner). Hosting in other countries could attract additional cost.
- All sites are built with future growth in mind. Should you require major expansion and various other addtioanl features, this will be possible.
What We Need From You
You will need to provide content for the site, this would include:
- Logo and colour scheme
- Written content – see guidelines
- Photos – see guidelines
- Videos (YouTube or Vimeo links)
- Social media links
- Business name, so we can register your domain
- Small changes (eg swopping photos, changing text etc)
- Weekly software updates
- General website support
- Backups to two locations
- Disaster Recovery
- Software licensing
- Annual domain renewal
- Website Security
- Hosting (in South Africa)
- Photos should be large and of high resolution. RAW format is the best option.
- Most social media platforms typically reduce and ruin quality, so please don’t use from Facebook or sent WhatsApp, etc.
- Copyright rules apply. Essentially, you can’t randomly download photos from the internet for use on your own site. All photos need to be legally obtained, with permission from the photographer.
- If your photos are not up to scratch, we will insist on better ones.
- Free stock photo resources include freephotos.cc , unsplash.com and pexels.com
- Depositphotos.com is good for budget stock phots.
- We’ll resize and crop where necessary.
- Alternatively, we can take photos for you. Our web designer, who’s based in Stellenbosch, is also a highly acclaimed photographer, who covers multiple genre’s. Please enquire for a quote.
Content Writing Guidelines
- Home Page. The primary purpose is to attract people’s attention. It will include a basic summary of your business, features, services, etc. Must be short and to the point.
- About Page. A good write-up your business, what you do, where you’ve been, etc. Essentially, giving a good description of what you’re all about.
- Services. A list of all the services you provide, with a short description of each.
- Contact Page. This can include a few frequently asked questions, a map and perhaps something thanking the clients for showing interest.
- Alternatively. We partner with locally basic content writers, who can with you and create professional content for you. Enquire for a quote.